Our goal at Roanoke Parks and Recreation is to ensure safety in all of our parks, plazas, greenways and trails. When visiting one of the city’s two outdoor public pools, please abide by the following safety guidelines.
Roanoke Pool SAFETY Rules
1. Everyone entering the gates must pay the admission fee.
2. Children 13 years and under must be accompanied at all times by an adult, 18 years old or older.
3. One adult per five children is required for all group admissions.
4. Children not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper.
5. Roanoke Parks and Recreation is not responsible for lost of stolen articles.
6. Running on the deck is prohibited.
7. Flotation devices, fins, and snorkels are not permitted. Life vests approved by the Coast Guard are permitted.
8. Jumping and diving from the deck is prohibited.
9. No street clothes, no cutoffs (exception: white t-shirts).
10. Food is allowed in the concession and grass areas only.
11. Refunds are not given for inclement weather.
12. Patrons must shower before entering the pool.
13. Patrons with open wounds, sores or skin infections are not permitted in the pool.
14. Inappropriate behavior and horseplay will not be tolerated.
15. Hanging on the ropes or lane markers is not allowed.
1. One patron on the board at a time.
2. Alternate diving only.
3. Only one bounce.
4. Front entry off board only.
5. Swim directly to closest ladder after diving.
6. Swim test may be required.
7. No hanging on boards.
1. Only one patron on the stairs at a time.
2. Wait for the lifeguard to signal that the water is clear before climbing the stairs.
3. Feet first, back entries only.
4. No life jackets or loose clothing to be worn while on slide.
5. No stopping inside of water slides.
6. Minimum Height=44 inches
7. Maximum Weight=280 pounds
8. No entry permitted inside the fence around slides.
1. All children must be supervised by an adult, 18 years old or older.
2. The supervising adult must be inside the 1-foot pool fence at all times.
3. Only children 4 and under are permitted.
4. Keep children from jumping into the pool – it is slippery!
5. Children not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper.
6. No flotation devices or toys are allowed in the pools.
The post Roanoke Pool Safety Guidelines appeared first on Roanoke Parks and Recreation.