Roanoke Public Libraries posted a photo:
Photographer: George C. Davis Collection
Year: Circa 1955
Size and Format: 4x6 negative
Notes: The Memorial Tunnel opened in 1954 to carry traffic through the Paint Creek Mountain on the West Virginia Turnpike. Closed to traffic in 1987, the tunnel is now used for military training.
Rights Info: Please contact the Virginia Room at 540.853.2073 for permission to use.
Repository: Roanoke Public Libraries, Virginia Room www.roanokeva.gov/virginiaroom
Digital File Name: Davis2 91.2 Memorial Tunnel
ID Number: Davis2 91.2