Roanoke Public Libraries posted a photo:
Photographer: Unknown, Photos courtesy of Kathryn McCain.
Year: Circa 1940
Size and Format: Digital Image
Notes: Group photo of Norfolk & Western Veterans Association Colored Division in front of the Lincoln Theatre. Originally built as the Strand Theatre (circa 1920). The Strand Theater took a new name “The Lincoln Theater”. The theater eventually became the Morocco Club and the Ebony Club, which were African American dance clubs serving the surrounding Gainsboro neighborhood.
Rights Info: Please contact the Virginia Room at 540.853.2073 for permission to use.
Repository: Roanoke Public Libraries, Virginia Room www.roanokeva.gov/virginiaroom
Digital File Name: McCain3 Lincoln Theatre
ID Number: McCain3