Roanoke Public Libraries posted a photo:
Year: Circa 1890
Size and Format: 3x5 negative
Notes: Unidentified individuals with a carriage in front of Magnolia. Magnolia was located at the corner of Orange Avenue and Williamson Road,. Built in 1837 by Zachariah Robinson as a tavern, Magnolia was a popular stop for stagecoach traffic until 1850 when rail became the primary means of long distance travel. Dr. Henry C. Hart purchased Magnolia in 1876. He ran a hydrotherapy clinic in the house for many years. Magnolia was razed in 1974.
Rights Info: Please contact the Virginia Room at 540.853.2073 for permission to use.
Repository: Roanoke Public Libraries, Virginia Room www.roanokeva.gov/virginiaroom
Digital File Name: UC 12 Magnolia
ID Number: UC 12